Lately, I have been feeling really great about life. Not just the “yeah things are so good!” feeling, but the “grateful that God has me here, I really feel like I’m finding my place in life” type of great!
I’ve made a lot of healthy changes to my routine as of late, and am taking advantage of some great opportunities, and for that, I am so thankful. The gradually warming weather doesn’t hurt either!
This is the reason for my unintentional two-week hiatus on my blog. Things have been super busy, and I honestly think it was much-needed time that has helped me bond with this city in new and amazing ways. But I’m back and am determined to bring you some new and interesting posts!
So let me tell you about the things I’ve been up to that make me so scarce.
1. Kickboxing: yes I know I’ve already told you about this one (I’m sorry, I can’t help it! I will rep it forever and ever), so I won’t bore you with it again. (Basically, I’m just extremely happy with the results I’m seeing from a workout that I actually ENJOY…say what? Yes. It’s SO fun!) Head over to my previous post about it here if you want to know more!
2. Healthy eating: portion control (but not calorie counting) and eating foods that are nutritious for my body instead of empty calories. I’ve developed a habit out of it and now don’t even really want to eat anything unhealthy most days (not that I don’t reward myself with the occasional cheat meal/day; I’ve got that Ben n’ Jerry’s Late Night Dough just waiting for me in the freezer after this kickboxing 30 Day April Abs Challenge I’m doing is over with!)
3. Hillsong NYC: church and my relationship with God has always been the #1 priority for me. Yes, there’s times when I feel like I’m struggling or not making it a priority like I should. But it’s a big part of who I am and I wouldn’t be me without God in my life; it’s the one thing I always come back to in the end, the one thing that I know will stay the same despite everything else that is constantly changing. So I am involved with Hillsong NYC as both a Venue Design team member, and since a month ago, a co-leader of my Connect group! (a bunch of awesome girls who meet a few times a month to hang out, encourage each other and talk about God) I am so blessed to have these opportunities, and have met some pretty great people through them.
4. Beauty/Fashion: I’ve been trying out some awesome products through subscription services like Ipsy, FabFitFun, and ALOHA. I am loving the variety of products I am receiving, and will share them with you in an upcoming post! I also just made a pretty drastic hair change, which I feel automatically gives me more confidence. Not mad…more on that soon too!
In conclusion, all of these things have come together to create a happy, healthier me, and I am loving living life and learning/experiencing new things every day. I am very happy with where I am in my life, and with choosing to “choose joy” in every situation.
I’m looking forward to some creating some fresh posts, but for now enjoy this little recap of the last couple weeks in instagram photos!
1. Overnight oats breakfast bowl with greek yogurt, bananas, cranberries, coconut, & peanut butter + a heart in my coffee.
2. Sunny and 70s obviously called for a dress…and I realized how much I missed dresses. I can’t wait for consistently warm weather to always wear them!
3. My April Ipsy Glam bag! Bohemian = perfection.
4. Got me some new purple gloves at our kickboxing studio and obviously needed to take some glamour shots for their Facebook page. NBD.
5. My favorite bible verse is Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you”, declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.”
6. The best egg sandwich I have ever eaten is at Cookshop in Chelsea. Go get it. Melanie and I are planning to eat our way through their menu, so be prepared for that to be documented…
7. First time visiting the High Line, a beautiful park on a historic freight rail line over Manhattan in Chelsea.
8. Boyfriend jeans + cold toes on a day I thought would be warmer. But hey, at least I was fashionable.
9. Pottery painting with some girls from my HillsongNYC Venue Design team!